Deadline: 10 July
Light Moves Festival of Screendance symposium ‘Screendance Through the Senses’ announces its open call for papers and presentations. The symposium sits within the festival which is happening from 2-5 Nov in Limerick and encourages artistic and scholarly exchange, debate and discussion in screendance and related disciplines including performance, dance, film, visual arts, sound and text.
The 2017 symposium invites screendance makers, spectators, advocates, and academics to examine the forms and approaches that enable this field’s diversity and vibrancy. We particularly welcome presentations that are discursive and interactive including workshop type formats, group/panel discussions, demonstration events, as well as paper presentation formats.
Papers and project presentations may include but are not limited to the following areas:
1. Structures, orthodoxies and strategies.
2. Beyond the Image.
3. Genre, Movements, Orientations and Contexts
Proposals for presentations/papers should be emailed in .doc/.docx format only to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proposals should be no more than 300 words and must include:
• The title of your presentation
• A maximum 300-word abstract (including brief description of the questions, concepts and topics you wish to explore and how)
• Preferred presentation format/approach
• A short biography
• Website links supporting proposal, where appropriate
Proposals from practitioners and scholars should be for maximum 20-minute presentations. Experimental and/or group formats of presentation are welcome. Full details available at www.lightmoves.ie