Learn how to get the best out of your previously taken black and white negatives in a full-day hands on session aimed at understanding the potential of black and white photographic printing.
This course is designed both for beginners and those wishing to refresh previous knowledge.
What You Will Need
– You must bring your own 35mm processed negatives.
What You Will Learn
– Process your roll of film to contact sheets.
– Produce an edit from your contact sheet.
– How to achieve the correct exposure and tonal range of your print and how to enhance certain aspects of the image.
– Set the correct printing grade and split grade.
– Pre-Flashing the paper and printing on different papers (e.g resin, coated, single grade, multigrade and fibre papers)
– Gain knowledge of printing with traditional black and white darkroom techniques.
Tutor: Mervyn Smyth
Course Duration: 1 x Six Hour Session
When: Saturday 29 July 2017
Time: 10am – 4pm
Number of Places: 6
Location: Belfast Exposed, 23 Donegall Street, Belfast, BT1 2FF
Earlybird £70 – Expires 29th June
For more information contact Conor at firstname.lastname@example.org