Categories of Membership:
There are 3 types of membership
For any artist who fulfils three or more of the professional status criteria listed below
For any emerging artist who does not yet fulfil these criteria
Organisations or non-artists
You may also sign up as ‘Friends’ in order to receive a subscription to magazines or other services.
Professional status criteria:
To qualify as a Professional member you must meet a minimum of three of the below criteria. You do NOT need to fulfil these criteria if you are applying for Associate membership.
- Degree or Diploma from a recognised third level college
- One-person show (including time based events) in a recognised gallery or exhibition space
- Participation in an exhibition/visual art event which was selected by a jury in which professional artists or recognised curators participated
- Work has been purchased by Government, local authority, museum or corporate client
- Work has been commissioned by Government, local authority, museum or corporate client
- Have been awarded a bursary, residency, materials grant or otherwise grant aided by the Arts Council/Arts Council of Northern Ireland or other funding body
- Have been awarded tax-exempt status by the Revenue Commissioners, or are on schedule D as a self-employed artist in Northern Ireland